We are excited to announce that as of May 4th, we will be resuming our normal business hours. In our efforts to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing new office protocols.
We have always and will continue to implement the highest standards of cross-infection control. Furthermore, we are increasing the frequency of which our designated team members are cleaning, disinfecting and wiping down everything in the treatment rooms, restrooms and reception room including: chairs, door handles, light switches, tables, etc. on a regular basis.
Before entering our office:
- Please inform us if you have any symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, so we can schedule you accordingly.
- Call us when you arrive, we will check you in over the phone and call you back when you are ready to be seated.
- If you are being accompanied to your appointment, your escorts should wait in the car for you, as we are keeping the number of people in our reception room to a minimum. Minors under 18 may have ONE parent or guardian in the treatment room if necessary, but they will wear a mask. There will be no exceptions.
Upon entering our office, you will be:
- Immediately brought to a sink to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Assessed for respiratory symptoms and fever (with a non-contact, digital, infrared thermometer) and asked to sign a health declaration form.
- Escorted into an examination room with the door closed as quickly as possible and asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide (if treatment is to be provided).
- For your safety, we will be using the latest personal protective equipment (PPE) recommended by the CDC so we may be dressed a little differently as we provide your treatment.
We hope that you can feel secure knowing that we are doing everything in our power to provide the safest clinical conditions in order to protect you, our team, and our families. Please call us if you have any concerns or questions. We look forward to welcoming you back to our office!
Dr. F. Joseph Ferrara and the staff of Ferrara Family Dentistry